Thursday, January 20, 2011

Holiday Highlights

Below are some pictures from our December. There were lots to choose from, but I just picked a few that highlighted some holiday traditions.

Making a gingerbread house. Lacey didn't do too much other than eat half the candy.
Benjamin had a little bit more self control with the candy, emphasis on little.
I found these cute snowman mugs that I made special cocoas for the kids in an effort to stop them from eating the candy. Not only did it not deter them from the candy, but Lacey spilled hers all over the place about 10 seconds after she got it.

We spent a day at my sister's making fudge and decorating cookies. Making fudge has been a yearly tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. This year we did the cookies to get the kids involved.
We had 3 Christmas celebrations. Cmas eve was spent with just the 5 of us. We spent Cmas day with Brian's family, our first year hosting. It went well with the exception of my under cooked turkey. Doh! Here is Grandma Linda holding a tuckered out Lacey...notice that she has no skirt on, a new favorite pastime.
Heidi and Grandpa David.
This year we decided to do a birthday cake for Jesus to help the kids understand what the day is really about. We sang happy birthday and everything.
The day after Christmas was spent at my brother Matt's house. Here is a picture of the whole clan, which is still growing. The kids always have a blast going crazy with all the cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment