Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

It's hard to believe, but we have officially entered the school years. Gone are the days where I could plan my day however I wanted. I now have to work around my little boys class schedule. Although he's already 5, we decided to put him in pre-k this year in order to give him the best chance of success in school. If he had gone full term, he technically wouldn't be in kindergarten until next year anyway.

Below are a few pictures of him at his school. It was an interesting first day. Because he is attending a private school, his class size is pretty small. When the teacher walked them out it was just him and 4 other girls. He said some kids didn't make it today, so I'm hoping at least one other boy will be in his class. If not, he will get some good practice talking to girls. He had a blast and his teacher said he was very eager to help.

It was a challenge trying to squeeze some naps in for the girls since he is in the afternoon class. Heidi absolutely refused to nap. I finally just let her fuss on her play mat so I could get some things done. After a while she got quiet and when I checked on her she had fallen asleep. Poor girl got so tuckered out she fell asleep on the floor. Hopefully we can get used to the new schedule quickly.






1 comment: