Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day






Normally when Brian tries to surprise me I manage to ruin it in some way. Either I wake up when he's trying to get breakfast ready, ask too many questions when he's trying to be sneaky, or find some other way to mess it up on accident.

This time he was able to plan a successful surprise. I did wake up to find he was already up, but I just assumed he had gotten up with one of the kids to let me sleep in and went back to sleep. A few minutes later he and Benjamin came into the room with a strawberry Belgian waffle and vanilla latte. They had gone out to get a nice breakfast and coffee without me noticing. The kids (minus Heidi) joined us in bed and we all enjoyed breakfast together.



Heidi had also given me a nice gift by going from 10:15pm to 5:45 between feeds. Feeling well rested and full bellied, I was able to take a long, hot, uninterrupted shower while Brian entertained the kids. When I came out to the family room I was greeted with some cards from the kids and a fancy mirror I had been eyeing for a while. We had brunch down in Tacoma with Brian's family. The kids all behaved themselves despite the hours of sitting still. When we got back home, we enjoyed the nice weather by going to the park.




I took the opportunity to put Heidi in a dress. The barrette was a little silly, but I couldn't resist. Overall it was a very nice Mother's Day. Beautiful weather, nice surprises and well behaved kids. What else could I ask for?


(I apologize for the messy format. For some reason whenever I tried to move stuff around it would delete pictures. So I just stopped messing with it and this is how it turned out.)

2 comments:

  1. happy mother's day! glad it was a good one. well behaved and sunshine is a great day, if you ask me! :)Love the barrette. Not silly at ALL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day Jess! :-) You deserve it! PS - edit/create new posts from http://draft.blogger.com/ and you will have a much easier time editing. Saves a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete