Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Sweeter Side of Benjamin

I've found the best place to put Heidi when I need to take my shower is in her crib. Benjamin won't go in there if the door is closed, Lacey can't open it, and even if she could she can't get to Heidi. This gives me some peace of mind that she will be undisturbed while I steal a few minutes for myself.

Today was a bit of an exception. I couldn't get Benjamin to leave the room after I put Heidi down. He was really concerned about leaving Heidi. He absolutely did not want her to be alone. I wasn't too thrilled about him climbing in the crib with her, but I decided he was being pretty sweet and nurturing so why try to squash it. He was a good little care taker. He made sure her music box kept playing and gave her a pacifier when she got a little fussy.


He gave her lots of kisses and gentle touches.

And he even read her some stories (although by this point she was completely conked out).

Lacey was totally jealous and wanted to get in the crib with them, but there's no way I would trust her to be careful enough. So poor Lacey had to find something else to do.

Not being up in the crib made her pretty angry though, so when Benjamin did get out she decided to take out her anger on him with a couple of hits. We have been struggling with her hitting lately, so poor Lacey ended up getting her first time out ever. Mean Mommy took a picture of her misery.

This adjusting to a new baby phase can get pretty stressful sometimes. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.





2 comments:

  1. Poor Lacey girl! I love the pic. She's going to look back at this and laugh. Although trivial, showers are a HUGE accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Mom, with a bit of improvising you got a shower! No small feat. Poor Lacey girl! :)

    ReplyDelete